Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fire by my house

Yesterday afternoon and today we've been watching a wildfire that's just a few miles away from my house!  There have been over 1,000 people evacuated so far so we're just watching and praying!  I feel so helpless right now! 

Wood Hollow Fire causes evacuation of 200 homes

My brother-in-law is a sheep herder and he's lost 600-700 sheep!!!  :(

Wood Hollow Fire causes evacuation of 200 homes

Wood Hollow Fire causes evacuation of 200 homes





I didn't take these pictures.  They are ones a friend of mine has sent to the news agencies around here. 

If you're curious, you can follow the fire on http://fox13now.com/2012/06/23/crews-fighting-sanpete-county-wildfire/  or http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20974037&title=more-evacuations-in-sanpete-county-highway-89-closed&s_cid=featured-1

It hasn't rained here for more than two months so we're praying for some now!  The wind is so strong right now that a few minutes ago it blew over our garbage cans!  CRAZY!!!

I guess I'll go back outside now.  I can't sit still!  I just don't know what to do!!!  :/

9 comments:

  1. oh my! praying for safety for you and everybody! didn't hear about this in the news in NC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those pics are haunting.... praying your fam stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your safety and for rain in your area.

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Living in a high fire area, I know what those feelings are. I'll be praying for a sudden downpour for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frightening. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodnes Julie, I cant even imagine. You and yours are definitley in my prayers. For safety and wisdom and knowledge.

    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's terrible! That must be a very terrifying site to see and so close to where you live too!

    Sending best wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are appocoltic. Very scarry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sit here in rural England surrounded by damp green fields and your pictures scare me.I have seen such fires on the TV but your photos are far more immediate and atmospheric. In the nicest possible way, I hope it rains on you very soon! I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Regards, LW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I sure love reading all of them! They let me know that I'm not out here in blogland all by myself! :o)